So, aren’t you all excited? Can you even contain yourself? Well, I can’t wait for the 08/09 season (for United) to start. So let’s kick start our season, proper, with a brief preview of the Barcodes game.
Michael Owen looks like he won’t be playing for the Magpies; interestingly he has never started the season for Newcastle in his three seasons at the club. They’ve made a couple of signings in Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez whilst we haven’t done much to speak of in the transfer market — apart from keeping hold of Ronaldo and signing Davide Petrucci.
Fergie wants Rooney to score more goals this season. But the bigger news is that Rooney will start. Rooney will partner Tevez up front, and that sight would be a relief. Tevez has been outstanding in pre-season, whilst Rooney has put in double training sessions. So there is a lot we can expect from our front two.
The big talking point, of course, is our lack of potent wingers that can hurt Newcastle. Nani is suspended, Park has just returned to training and Hargreaves remains crocked. That makes our options on the wing limited. This means Ryan Giggs will surely start. It could possibly mean we’ll play a 4-3-3 with Tevez and Giggs played wide and Rooney in front. This would mean, Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher will play in the centre of the park. The defence will consist of Evra, Rio, Vidic and Neville.
The lack of real penetrative wingers calls for moves through the middle of the park. And hopefully we just about get the job done.
Come on you reds!!!
Prediction: 1-0 to United. Tevez to score.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest