So, aren’t you all excited? Can you even contain yourself? Well, I can’t wait for the 08/09 season (for United) to start. So let’s kick start our season, proper, with a brief preview of the Barcodes game.
Michael Owen looks like he won’t be playing for the Magpies; interestingly he has never started the season for Newcastle in his three seasons at the club. They’ve made a couple of signings in Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez whilst we haven’t done much to speak of in the transfer market — apart from keeping hold of Ronaldo and signing Davide Petrucci.
Fergie wants Rooney to score more goals this season. But the bigger news is that Rooney will start. Rooney will partner Tevez up front, and that sight would be a relief. Tevez has been outstanding in pre-season, whilst Rooney has put in double training sessions. So there is a lot we can expect from our front two.
The big talking point, of course, is our lack of potent wingers that can hurt Newcastle. Nani is suspended, Park has just returned to training and Hargreaves remains crocked. That makes our options on the wing limited. This means Ryan Giggs will surely start. It could possibly mean we’ll play a 4-3-3 with Tevez and Giggs played wide and Rooney in front. This would mean, Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher will play in the centre of the park. The defence will consist of Evra, Rio, Vidic and Neville.
The lack of real penetrative wingers calls for moves through the middle of the park. And hopefully we just about get the job done.
Come on you reds!!!
Prediction: 1-0 to United. Tevez to score.
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause