Manchester United have been linked with Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale for more than a year now and this summer could be the year a deal finally goes through.
We reported last week that the Welsh star has been made surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and that the player himself knows he’ll need to look for a new club this summer.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are expected to give us competition for Bale, but the former may not qualify for next season’s Champions League and the latter are not expected to match Real Madrid’s asking price or the 28-year-old’s wage demands, let alone both.
However, according to reports from Spanish outlet Don Balon, Gareth Bale will return to Tottenham and has already purchased a house in England in anticipation of the move.
Gareth Bale was arguably in the best form of his career during his time at Tottenham that saw him go on to become the most expensive player in the world when Real Madrid splashed out €100 million on his services back in 2013.
But it’s not all worked out so swimmingly for the 28-year-old in the Spanish capital. Yes, he has collected three Champions League winners’ medals, but these days he often finds himself as a backup to the likes of Isco and Marco Asensio. It hasn’t been helped that he has been plagued by injuries since leaving Tottenham.
As it seems likely that Gareth Bale will return to the Premier League this summer I really wouldn’t rule him out working under Jose Mourinho at Manchester United as we’re the most lucrative club to sign for out of the three that have been linked with making a move for him.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday