Manchester United are totally confident with the performances of Marcel Sabitzer, who is likely to be sold by Bayern Munich this summer, journalist Florian Plettenberg claims.
The Austrian made the surprise loan move to United before the January transfer deadline and he has already played a big role for the club in the Premier League.
Sabitzer made his debut off the bench against Crystal Palace and has since started against Leeds home and away with Casemiro being suspended for both games.
With Christian Eriksen injured, Sabitzer should continue to remain a regular in midfield with his creativity and it appears United are already pondering a long-term deal.
Plettenberg claims that United’s board are ‘totally confident’ over Sabitzer’s displays. They are impressed with his physical strength since making his debut for the club.
It is added that Bayern are ‘very open’ to selling the Austria international. They plan to replace him by signing RB Leipzig’s Konrad Laimer on a free transfer this summer.
Permanent deal for Sabitzer could see Fred and McTominay leave
United are eyeing a young marquee midfielder during the summer transfer window and signing Sabitzer on a permanent basis could pave the way for multiple departures.
Scott McTominay and Fred have been linked with Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain respectively and in our view, they could be sold as part of the midfield rebuild.
Sabitzer is still fairly young in his United career, but he has caught the eye with his strong physical presence and ability to create key chances with his quality distribution.
The Austrian has three more months to prove his credentials. If he can start making direct goal contributions, United should be convinced to keep him next season.
Sabitzer is currently valued at €20 million by Transfermarkt. At that price, he would prove a bargain signing for United. The big question is whether he would accept a reduced role.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups