Manchester United are set to offer Marcus Rashford a new contract worth £150,000-per-week, according to reports.
The 21-year-old has just over 18 months left on his current deal at Old Trafford, with reports from the Sun claiming that he is considering a move to Real Madrid. The Spaniard giants could do with a long-term replacement for Karim Benzema up front, though they do have several options down the wings. The report goes on to state that Real Madrid could offer £50 million for the player whom they see as a cheaper alternative to Kylian Mbappe.
It is also understood that Juventus are interested in our youth product should Jose Mourinho not offer him more regular first-team football.
However, the Daily Star claim we’re putting plans together to prevent Real Madrid and Juventus stealing our talented forward by offering Marcus Rashford a £150k-a-week wages – double his current salary.
Marcus Rashford has played just 479 minutes of a possible 1080 in the Premier League so far this season, across five starts and four substitute appearances. But would Real Madrid or Juventus be able to guarantee him more playing time? I’m not convinced. Though Juventus would be able to virtually guarantee him the Serie A league title season after season.
The England international has shown great potential since breaking into the first team under Louis van Gaal and we should certainly tie him down to a long-term deal. Unfortunately, whilst he’s not currently worth the money in question, the reality is that in today’s market we have to pay over the odds to keep our top stars whilst Europe’s other top clubs are showing interest.
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts