Manchester United are set to offer Marcus Rashford a new contract worth £150,000-per-week, according to reports.
The 21-year-old has just over 18 months left on his current deal at Old Trafford, with reports from the Sun claiming that he is considering a move to Real Madrid. The Spaniard giants could do with a long-term replacement for Karim Benzema up front, though they do have several options down the wings. The report goes on to state that Real Madrid could offer £50 million for the player whom they see as a cheaper alternative to Kylian Mbappe.
It is also understood that Juventus are interested in our youth product should Jose Mourinho not offer him more regular first-team football.
However, the Daily Star claim we’re putting plans together to prevent Real Madrid and Juventus stealing our talented forward by offering Marcus Rashford a £150k-a-week wages – double his current salary.
Marcus Rashford has played just 479 minutes of a possible 1080 in the Premier League so far this season, across five starts and four substitute appearances. But would Real Madrid or Juventus be able to guarantee him more playing time? I’m not convinced. Though Juventus would be able to virtually guarantee him the Serie A league title season after season.
The England international has shown great potential since breaking into the first team under Louis van Gaal and we should certainly tie him down to a long-term deal. Unfortunately, whilst he’s not currently worth the money in question, the reality is that in today’s market we have to pay over the odds to keep our top stars whilst Europe’s other top clubs are showing interest.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane