The summer transfer window is a couple of months away and Manchester United continue to be linked to a number of players.
Historically, Jose Mourinho likes to get his business done early in the window in order to avoid a panic late in the summer.
Our key focus this summer is going to be central midfield with Michael Carrick retiring and Marouane Fellaini expected to leave when his contract expires at the end of the season. This would leave us with just four in this role, whilst Jose has predominately been playing three central midfielders since switching to a 4-3-3 following the arrival of Alexis Sanchez.
A number of players have been linked with a move in the past month alone and the latest report is coming from Chile where La Cuarta (via The Sun) are claiming that we are set to make an offer for Bayern Munich’s Arturo Vidal.
The 30-year-old would certainly add some steel in the middle of the park and his energy suggests he’s got a fair few seasons left in him yet. Vidal is a box-to-box midfielder who makes good, late runs into the penalty area to often find himself unmarked, and has a powerful long-range shot on him.
However, La Cuarta are reporting that we are prepared to make a huge £52.5 million offer for his services, which comes across quite steep given his age.
The report goes on to say that we’d even be offering Arturo Vidal more than £12 million-a-year.
I’d certainly like to see Arturo Vidal at Manchester United as he both defends and attacks, though his disciplinary record over the years will be of concern as he is prone to the frequent yellow and red card.
In 17 Bundesliga starts for Bayern Munich this season the Chilean star has six goals, two assists and six yellow cards for the runaway leaders.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup