Manchester United will be facing Spanish club Real Betis in their second friendly during the World Cup winter break, according to the club’s official website.
The Red Devils have had a good three months under manager Erik ten Hag. They are currently goal difference behind fourth-placed Newcastle United in the Premier League with a game in hand.
The club have another four matches before the World Cup with two of those in the league. Ten Hag will be hoping that his side can break into the Champions League places before the interval.
A number of United stars will be in World Cup action starting from November 20, but the rest of the squad will stay in Manchester before travelling to Spain for a training camp in early December.
United recently confirmed that they will be facing La Liga side Cadiz on the road on December 7 and it has now revealed that the club will have another friendly with Betis in Seville three days later.
Man Utd must sustain form after World Cup break
United started the Premier League campaign in dreadful fashion with back-to-back losses, but they have suffered just one defeat from the next 10 league matches (7 wins and 2 draws).
The players have been growing in confidence with every game. There has also been a strong defensive resolve. They had to dig deep to pick up three points against West Ham United last weekend.
All the hard work in training is now being replicated on the playing field, but the winter break will cease the momentum. That’s why the friendlies will be key in preparation for the restart in late December.
Someone like Anthony Martial should benefit from the mid-season break as he aims to overcome his fitness concerns once and for all. He has suffered three separate injuries this campaign.
The World Cup group stage is scheduled to conclude on December 3. We could see some United stars return early from Qatar to link up with their teammates for the mid-season friendly camp in Spain.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth