Manchester United could confirm the arrival of Fenerbahce goalkeeper Altay Bayindir on Wednesday, according to The Athletic’s Laurie Whitwell.
The Red Devils recently agreed to sell Dean Henderson to Crystal Palace in a deal worth £20 million, and it is now reported that he has completed his medical.
The confirmation of the 26-year-old’s transfer could come on Wednesday, and Whitwell claims that Bayindir’s move could be announced simultaneously.
The Turkey international travelled to England last week and he will join for an initial fee of £4.3m.
Bayindir should make matchday squad vs Arsenal
United have been fancied to sign a back-up goalkeeper for some period of time, and they have eventually reached an agreement to land Bayindir from Fenerbahce.
The 25-year-old comes with vast experienced in the Super Lig. He is a modern goalkeeper, who has the ability to make high claims and can make clearances outside his box.
Distribution wise, he has averaged around 69 per cent, but has impressed with his accurate long balls.
Bayindir is likely to feature in the Carabao Cup and FA Cup for United, but could get game time in the Premier League in January and February in Andre Onana’s absence.
Onana has returned to Cameroon duty for the final African Cup of Nations qualifier next month. If they qualify, he would represent them at AFCON at the start of 2024.
Bayindir, who could take the number one jersey, could be required to start in four league games. The Turkish star is likely to make the squad to face Arsenal on Sunday.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions