Manchester United are likely to assess the risk element of Sergio Reguilon’s hamstring injury ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash against Brentford, as per Manchester Evening News.
The Red Devils have had a dreadful start to the campaign and they suffered their sixth defeat on Tuesday night. Galatasaray came from behind to win 3-2 in the Champions League.
Ahead of Saturday’s home game versus Brentford, it is reported that United have provisionally planned to prepare Reguilon due to the urgent need for a specialist left-back.
Sofyan Amrabat has started as the makeshift left-back in recent games. The Moroccan was exposed last night with Galatasaray scoring two goals due to his poor positioning.
Reguilon, who has been working individually, could be integrated into team training this week, but United are likely to assess the risk element, given there is just one match before the international break.
Reguilon’s return would be a huge boost for United
The Red Devils have played the last three games without a specialist left-back. Amrabat has started in the role in each of those. He had a superb full debut against Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup.
However, he was exposed against the same opposition in the Premier League last weekend. The same was the case versus Galatasaray where he was caught out of position, featuring as an inverted left-back.
Hence, we won’t be surprised if Reguilon returns to team training. The Spaniard could be assessed by the medical staff over the coming days to determine his availability for Saturday’s game at home.
The 26-year-old has been hugely impressive since his loan move from Tottenham Hotspur. He has excelled with his work rate and has been able to adapt to the manager’s tactics with ease.
His return at the weekend would be a huge boost for the Red Devils. This would allow Amrabat to move into midfield alongside Casemiro. We could see Mason Mount featuring in the number 10 role.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action