Manchester United will be in action for the first time under manager Erik ten Hag when they face arch-rivals Liverpool in a pre-season friendly in Thailand tomorrow.
The Red Devils are back in Bangkok after nine years, and it promises to be an exciting game for United fans as they get to see how the players fare under their new head coach.
Ten Hag has travelled with a big squad of 31 players for the friendly at the Rajamangala Stadium, and has the chance to make an early impression against United’s fierce rivals.
The 52-year-old has already caught the eye with his ‘hands-on‘ training approach, but how the players have taken to his new methods will be known against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
It is only a pre-season friendly, but there is always plenty at stake when United take on Liverpool. A victory would undoubtedly keep the supporters in high spirits for games to come.
United likely to confirm Christian Eriksen signing
Eriksen verbally agreed to join United at the beginning of the month, but negotiations are still ongoing over the terms of the contract. The club are hopeful of sealing a deal as soon as possible.
United have sent the contracts to the player’s lawyers, as per Fabrizio Romano, and are awaiting signatures. There is anticipation that his medical will be completed as early as this week.
After the Liverpool friendly, United will travel to Melbourne, Australia for friendlies against Melbourne Victory (July 15) and Crystal Palace (July 19) before facing Aston Villa (July 23) in Perth.
The plan would be for Eriksen to join his new teammates during the tour Down Under. Aside from him, United appear close to signing former Lazio goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha on a free transfer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Omonia Nicosia 2-3 Manchester United: Three talking points as Marcus Rashford continues his stellar form
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United
- Saudi PIF were offered 30% stake in Man Utd before Newcastle takeover – The Athletic