Manchester United have told Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane to put in a transfer request to leave the club, according to The Sun.
The Red Devils are determined to sign a new centre-forward during the summer transfer window, and Kane is the priority target for manager Erik ten Hag.
United have been told by Spurs that the 29-year-old is not for sale, but the Red Devils hope that the England international will push for a summer switch.
As per The Sun, the club want the striker to come up with a transfer request or a strong-worded statement about his desire to leave for Old Trafford.
United are willing to pay £80 million for Kane compared to Spurs’ reported asking price of £100m.
Kane at £80m would be a no-brainer signing
Kane was in stunning form for Spurs last season. He managed a sublime 32 goals across all competitions – with 30 of those coming in the Premier League.
His goal tally was overshadowed by Erling Braut Haaland’s record-breaking league campaign, but there are not many better than Kane in world football.
Hence, it is unsurprising that Ten Hag is pushing to sign the England captain. With a year left on his contract, Spurs could soon start contemplating his exit.
Kane has not gone public with his desire to leave Spurs, but a transfer request could change the club’s stance and urge them to consider his summer sale.
Spurs would prefer to sell him to a foreign club, but there is not much they can do if Kane insists on joining United. For £80m, he would be a no-brainer signing.
He would be a huge upgrade for United in the number nine role next term, and would immediately transform them into genuine challengers for the top-flight title.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling