Manchester United are preparing for a busy summer of transfer activity according to various reports as we have been linked to players left, right and centre.
Our priority positions are certainly in central midfield and at centre-back. Michael Carrick has retired and Marouane Fellaini is leaving on a free transfer, leaving us with only four experienced central midfielders on our books, whilst Jose Mourinho has never been settled on a centre-back partnership.
On top of this we are also being linked with moves for players in both full-back roles and some attacking positions.
One attacking player we have been linked with for a period of time is Chelsea right winger Willian. The 29-year-old still has two years left on his deal at Stamford Bridge but Sky Sports are reporting that the Brazilian international will ask for a transfer this summer if Antonio Conte remains manager.
Willian has been in and out of the first team in two seasons under the Italian manager, often biding him time with Pedro for a start down the right-hand side of a front three. When he does start he is often one of the players substituted in the second half.
It is well known that Jose Mourinho is a big fan of the attacker having previously worked together at Chelsea. Meanwhile, the boss hasn’t been settled on a right winger at Manchester United – Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford were all used down that side this past season.
Chelsea failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League so Old Trafford could certainly be a lure for Willian. There’s no doubt he would have something to offer the club.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd