We are heading into the final few days of the winter transfer market and so far Alexis Sanchez has been the only new arrival at Manchester United.
The Red Devils have been linked to signing a number of new players this month, whilst a number of our current players have also been linked with a move away from the club.
However, the swap deal with Arsenal that saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan leave Old Trafford is the only permanent sale we’ve completed this month. Youngster Axel Tuanzebe has joined Aston Villa on loan for the remainder of the season.
Today, a report in French outlet L’Equipe (via Get Football News France) claim that Tottenham Hotspur are on the verge of signing former Manchester United target, Lucas Moura.
The Brazilian superstar was linked to us back in the days of Sir Alex Ferguson and again since Jose Mourinho has been in charge. However, the rumours have died down recently, particularly with the signing of Alexis Sanchez last week.
However, Sanchez did start on the left wing on his debut versus Yeovil Town on Friday night, so it shouldn’t be entirely ruled out that Mourinho could be interested in bringing another right winger to Old Trafford.
L’Equipe are reporting that Lucas will only set Spurs back just over €25 million (£22m) for the 25-yea-old after being demoted from the Paris Saint-Germain starting lineup by coach Unai Emery.
According to the report, a member of Lucas Moura’s inner circle is quoted as saying:
“We expect a quick conclusion… everything is going very much in the right way.”
Lucas Moura has been told he can find a new club this month having only played 72 minutes across five Ligue 1 substitute appearances this season and has not featured in the Champions League for the runaway French league leaders either.
The Brazilian originally joined PSG for €45 million in 2012 and has gone on to score 45 goals in 228 games for the club.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup