Jose Mourinho likes to do his business before World Cup and European Championship tournaments kick off and this summer may be no different for the Manchester United manager.
We have been strongly linked with signing both Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk and Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic with the possibility of signing either or both before this summer’s tournament in Russia.
The boss has been given a further boost in signing another one of our targets as Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann has confirmed that he will decide his future before the World Cup.
Griezmann is currently under contract in the Spanish capital until 2022 but is widely-expected to leave the Wanda Metropolitano this summer.
La Liga champions Barcelona have been the favourites to sign the forward for several months now but this past Thursday the Express claimed that Griezmann had rejected a move to the Camp Nou, leaving us as favourites to land the 27-year-old this summer.
The World Cup kicks off on Thursday 14 June with France’s first match on Saturday 16th against Australia. This gives Griezmann two weeks to sort out a move away from Atletico Madrid.
Griezmann confirmed he will decide his future before the World Cup, quoted by FourFourTwo as saying:
“Yes, it will be done before the competition.”
Antoine Griezmann has been with Atletico Madrid for the past four seasons now, scoring 29 goals this past season as Diego Simeone’s side won the Europa League.
A move to Spanish giants Barcelona seems the most realistic, but with the higher salaries in the Premier League and a new division to test his skills in could work in our favour. There’s no doubt Antoine Griezmann would be a phenomenal signing should Jose Mourinho and Manchester United be able to pull it off.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup