Manchester United have been linked with Chelsea winger Willian for quite some time now as Jose Mourinho has been keen to reunite with the Brazilian.
The 29-year-old continues to be a regular in Antonio Conte’s side, though the Italian coach is widely-expected to depart from Stamford Bridge over the summer.
With the Blues currently in fifth position and some 10 points off the top four with only six games to go, it seems unlikely that last season’s Premier League champions will be playing Champions League football in 2018-19.
Despite this, Willian has vowed to stay and help Chelsea get back to successful ways in the Premier League, despite our interest.
The Brazilian international has been quoted by the Mirror as saying:
“I like to play for Chelsea.
“On the pitch I want to do my best always to fight until the last minute. To do my best for this club. To continue to win titles because this club deserves always to win titles.
“I think we have to continue to improve for next season. To improve ourselves. To think about what we did well, what we did not so well and to try to make something different next season.”
Willian has two years left on his current deal in West London after Jose Mourinho brought him to Chelsea five years ago.
The player is confident that the Blues will be able to compete for the Premier League title next season:
“Of course they continue to do very well this season. Last season they did well as well. They have a great team. Great players. Quality players.
“But the Premier League is very difficult to say that one team is going to dominate the next few years. I don’t think so. Next season will be totally different to this season.
“Maybe they can win again but you never know because Chelsea are going to come back stronger for sure.”
Assuming they fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League, Chelsea will do well to keep a hold of star players like Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, who are constantly being linked with an exit from the club.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd