Manchester United have been linked with a move for Chelsea’s Willian for a while now. The Brazilian was part of Jose Mourinho’s side at Stamford Bridge when he was in charge at the club.
Reports in January had suggested the 29-year-old was keen on a move away from West London but no deal developed during the last transfer window.
The right wing, where Willian plays, has been one of our most unsettled positions this season. Jose has tried Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard down there, with limited success on most occasions.
As well as signing a central midfielder or two over the summer it can be expected that we’ll be in the market for an out and out right winger too.
However, our chances of signing Willian from Premier League rivals Chelsea appear to be slim, as the winger has been quoted by Portuguese media that he doesn’t want to leave the current champions. He is quoted by Planeta Sportv as saying:
“Sometimes, some players go through such moments and want to leave the club, they want to leave. I do not. I always knew my place was here.“
Willian has been a regular in Antonio Conte’s side, who are currently fifth in the Premier League table and five points outside of the Champions League places following their 1-0 loss at Manchester City on Sunday.
The Brazilian is hardworking, helps out defensively, and has a good direct free kick on him.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday