The winter transfer window is set to open in less than four weeks and Manchester United have been linked with a move for a number of players.
Hot on Jose Mourinho’s target list has been Tottenham Hotspur left-back Danny Rose.
The boss has not settled on a left-back in nearly a year-and-a-half in charge at Old Trafford though Ashley Young has been his preferred choice in recent weeks. Young does not only play full-back for us but has also been playing as left wingback with Mourinho switching to a back three at times this season.
Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian and Luke Shaw have all been used at left-back this season, and Marcos Rojo is another option available to the Portuguese coach.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has only handed Danny Rose two starts in the Premier League this season. This is partly down to the 27-year-old starting the season injured, but also the defender’s outburst over the summer is believed to have cost him his starting role.
Following the departure of Kyle Walker from Spurs to Manchester City for £50 million last summer, Rose claimed that Spurs don’t challenge for trophies nor offer their stars sufficient wages to keep them happy. Ben Davies has subsequently become Tottenham’s regular left-back this season.
The Daily Star are now reporting that Tottenham are ready to sell Danny Rose as early as January, should a club come in with an offer of £45 million.
With our failed chase for the England international over the summer it wouldn’t surprise me if we paid over the odds for Danny Rose in January. However, with Rose being out of favour at Wembley Stadium currently and with Ashley Young’s form, negotiating could be in our favour if no other clubs come in for their player.
The report goes on to say that we could face competition from Manchester City who have lost their big summer left-back signing Benjamin Mendy for the majority of the season. Fabian Delph and Danilo have played time in that role in Pep Guardiola’s team.
Should we land Rose in January he would be ineligible to play for us in the Champions League this season having already featured twice for Spurs in the group stage. The Daily Star does not mention anything about Luke Shaw either, for whom other sources have linked him strongly with a move to Tottenham as part of an exchange deal for Danny Rose.
- Ajax and Edson Alvarez are Man Utd’s best bet for moving on Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd identify Moussa Diaby as Anthony Martial’s heir – Report
- Manchester United: Rangers in advanced talks to sign Jack Butland on free transfer
- How Man Utd Could Line Up For the 2023/24 Premier League Season
- Man Utd ready to hand £10m pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of possible West Ham move
- Man Utd interested in signing Dusan Vlahovic as Juventus set asking price
- Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount agrees terms with Man Utd ahead of likely transfer
- Anthony Elanga price drop shows Man Utd’s desperation to shift unwanted players
- Man Utd join Chelsea & PSG in race to sign Sporting midfielder Manuel Ugarte
- Man Utd’s midfield puzzle: Potential candidates to strengthen Erik ten Hag’s title bid