Manchester United target Goncalo Ramos is eyeing an improved contract at Benfica amid his excellent progress this season, Record report (Page 2).
The Portuguese striker has been in superb form for the Primeira Liga outfit this term, scoring 21 goals and providing eight assists from 33 appearances.
He was also brilliant for his country at the World Cup in Qatar, netting a fantastic hat-trick in the 6-1 rout of Switzerland in the round of 16 stage.
Hence, his reputation has been greatly enhanced and Ramos has now spoken with manager Roger Schmidt over signing an improved deal.
It is reported that the renewal won’t have any effect on the €120 million buy-out clause.
United have their sights on signing Ramos
United are expected to pursue a marquee striker during the summer transfer window and Ramos has been earmarked as one of their top targets.
It has been claimed that they have already spoken with his agent Jorge Mendes over a summer deal.
Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that the club are closely watching the 21-year-old sensation ahead of a possible approach for his services.
In our opinion, Ramos would be the perfect striker for Ten Hag. He is superb with his finishing but also likes to hold-up play and provide key passes.
At just 21, he has excelled as the leader of Benfica’s attack following Darwin Nunez’s exit. He has the potential to become a world-class striker in future.
Regardless of an extension, we fancy Ramos to pursue a bigger challenge this summer and Benfica could be willing to negotiate on the final transfer fee.
It has been claimed that they could accept €100m for Ramos this summer but United will need to be fast as Chelsea also have him as a top transfer target.
The Red Devils should have a genuine advantage over their Premier League rivals if they secure qualification for the Champions League next term.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books