Manchester United target Benjamin Pavard will be allowed to leave Bayern Munich immediately this summer, according to Florian Plettenberg.
The Red Devils are on the hunt for a new central defender, and it has been reported today that Monaco’s Axel Disasi is one step away from joining the club.
Despite this, there is still speculation linking Pavard with United. Plettenberg claims that the Frenchman can leave Bayern immediately for a fee of €30-40 million.
United are one of the interested clubs in signing him while Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City have also been highlighted as potential suitors.
Pavard may not be United’s top priority
The 27-year-old has been a key player for Bayern over the past four years. He has predominantly played at right-back, but prefers to operate in central defence.
This is a main reason behind his decision to leave the Bavarian giants. United have been linked, but we don’t believe the club will make an approach for him.
Pavard completed 90 per cent of his passes in Bundesliga last term with 2.3 tackles and five duels won per game, but the Red Devils could be eyeing a different profile.
Disasi and Kim Min-jae are currently the top defensive targets for United. The duo are both taller (190cm) than Pavard (186cm) and possess a better physical presence.
Min-jae would be the perfect summer purchase for the Red Devils, but advanced talks with Disasi’s camp suggest that the South Korean could be moving elsewhere.
United are set for a busy transfer window. Apart from an elite central defender, the Red Devils are expected to pursue a marquee striker and a creative midfielder.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns