Manchester United have already confirmed the signing of Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk today and could make a move for a second Brazilian this summer.
We were linked with a move for Watford’s Richarlison earlier this year and now the Hertfordshire club have named the price they would be willing to entertain.
The 21-year-old made an immediate impact at Vicarage Road following a move from his homeland last summer but his form dried up severely during the second half of the season. Javi Gracia took charge in January but failed to re-find the form of the Brazilian.
According to the Sun, Watford would be willing to listen to offers of £40 million or more. In today’s market that is reasonable for a player who has shown he is capable of delivering in the Premier League.
However, Richarlison played on the left wing for the Hornets last season – a position we already have covered. We signed Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal in January which saw both Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial’s game time limited during the second half of the season.
Whilst Sanchez is capable of playing in the number 10 and right wing roles just as well, Rashford naturally being a striker, and Martial linked with a move away from the club, there could well be space for Richarlison at Old Trafford.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations