Manchester United have suffered a fresh setback with Nottingham Forest turning their attention to signing Arsenal goalkeeper Matt Turner.
The Red Devils recently completed the signing of Andre Onana from Inter Milan, and he is expected to be their first-choice goalkeeper for next season.
Tom Heaton and Dean Henderson are currently the back-up options for manager Erik ten Hag, but the latter has been touted to leave United for a while.
Last month, it was claimed that the 26-year-old was ‘convinced‘ over a permanent move to Forest, having spent the previous season on loan with them.
However, that appears a distant possibility at the moment with Forest having submitted an opening transfer bid to sign Turner from the Gunners.
Arsenal are currently in advanced negotiations with Brentford for David Raya, and his arrival could coincide with Turner moving to City Ground.
The news is a blow for United. Henderson’s move to Forest seemed a mere formality, but the situation has completely changed over the past few weeks.
Steve Cooper’s side recently tried to sign the England international on an initial loan with an obligation to buy if he makes a certain number of appearances.
The proposal was rejected by the Red Devils, who prefer a straight-cash deal, but the decision may have backfired with Forest turning to Turner instead.
There is still time left in the transfer window to sort out Henderson’s future. United would not want to keep a goalkeeper, who has no intention to stay.
Hopefully, there will be more offers for him before the transfer window closes on September 1.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions