Manchester United have suffered a fresh injury blow with defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka out of action for several weeks.
The right-back has been a key player for the Red Devils since the start of the year. He managed to displace Diogo Dalot to become the regular right-back during the back end of last season.
Wan-Bissaka retained his place for the new campaign, but he is now sidelined. The 25-year-old was only an 85th minute substitute against Brighton on Saturday owing to an illness.
United suffer huge injury blow ahead of Bayern clash
The Red Devils have had a poor start to the Premier League campaign, and they have already suffered three defeats from the opening five games of the season.
The club face a difficult challenge against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Wednesday and ahead of the game, they have suffered a huge setback.
Wan-Bissaka is one of the best one-on-one defenders in the game, and he would have had a big role to play against the likes of Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman.
In his absence, Diogo Dalot is set for an extended run in the right-back role. He has vastly improved under Ten Hag to become one of the most consistent players.
Dalot is obviously better than Wan-Bissaka going forward, but the same can’t be said about his defensive strengths. Wan-Bissaka is much superior in that department.
United have had bad luck with injuries this term, but they could receive some good news soon with Mason Mount, Sofyan Amrabat and Raphael Varane not far away from comebacks.
Aside from the above trio, the club are also without Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Amad Diallo, Kobbie Mainoo and Tom Heaton with injuries. Antony and Jadon Sancho are not available.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return