Manchester United suffered a double blow on Saturday with Christian Eriksen and Rasmus Hojlund being substituted with injuries during the Premier League game against Luton Town.
The Red Devils picked up a second league win on the bounce, but the performance was far from impressive. A solitary goal from Victor Lindelof sealed the victory.
Meanwhile, there was some bad news on the injury front with both Eriksen and Hojlund going off.
Eriksen fell awkwardly before the half-time interval against the Hatters and he limped off the field to be replaced by Mason Mount in the 40th minute of the encounter.
Hojlund was likewise replaced in the final stages of the game. He appeared to be clutching onto his hamstring and we should get a further update in the next 24 hours.
United will now head into the November international break. Their next league fixture will be against Everton at Goodison Park on the 26th. It will be an evening kick-off.
In our opinion, it is likely that both Eriksen and Hojlund will withdraw from international duty with Denmark, but the main concern for United would be the extent of the injuries.
The club have had a tough start to the campaign with several setbacks and they can ill-afford losing Hojlund in particular as he is currently the undisputed striker for them.
The Dane has yet to score in the Premier League but had a couple of brilliant chances yesterday.
Nonetheless, he has huge potential in him. He has netted five times in the Champions League and should find his feet in the English top-flight sooner rather than later.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action