Manchester United are currently in action at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium against Sevilla in the first leg of our Champions League second round tie.
David de Gea was forced into a fine save after only four minutes whilst neither goalkeeper has been busy since.
However, we have been forced into a very early substitution of note.
Ander Herrera has been withdrawn with an apparent left hamstring injury after the Spaniard pulled up in the opposition penalty area when attempting a backheel.
In place of the midfielder, Paul Pogba has been introduced as early as the 17th minute. Much had been made Paul Pogba for not starting this evening having also missed the weekend’s 2-0 FA Cup win at Huddersfield Town with illness.
With Marouane Fellaini not due back until April after recently undergoing knee surgery and Michael Carrick struggling for fitness this season, should Herrera be sidelined for any significant amount of time it would be a big blow to us in the middle of the park.
Early indication is that we’re playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with Nemanja Matic and Scott McTominay as the holding midfielders, Paul Pogba in the number 10, Juan Mata down the right and Alexis Sanchez on the left wing, with Romelu Lukaku the sole striker.
Pogba played just 175 minutes across three starts in the Champions League group stage due to injury.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m