Jose Mourinho is looking to bring in a new centre-back before the start of the 2018-19 Premier League season to help Manchester United challenge for the title.
We have been linked to numerous players in recent weeks, most notably Tottenham Hotspur’s Toby Alderweireld and Bayern Munich’s Jerome Boateng.
Another player that we are reportedly interested in is Internazionale star Milan Skriniar. According to reports in Italy, the 23-year-old is actually top of Jose’s shortlist.
Jose has seemingly not been keen in either Phil Jones nor Chris Smalling as a long-term fixture in our first team, whilst last summer’s big signing, Victor Lindelof, has failed to settle into the English game.
A report from Gazzetta Dello Sport believes that the Italian giants wouldn’t be willing to entertain any bids below their asking price of £70 million. Given the astronomical fee Tottenham want for 29-year-old Toby Aldweireld, this would represent much better value given the player’s age and potential.
Milan Skriniar has only been with Inter for 12 months following a £20 million move from fellow Serie A side Sampdoria last summer. The Slovakian international had a tremendous debut campaign at the San Siro, helping the side qualify for the Champions League on the final day of the season.
The player even admitted that we have shown interest in him, though didn’t give any clues away as to where he will be playing his football next season, simply saying:
“Manchester United? I heard from them and it made me proud.
“But I’m even happier that Inter decided to reject it and that they believe so much in me.”
Milan Skriniar has not experienced Champions League football but has proven himself as one of the top centre-backs in one of Europe’s top leagues. He’d certainly be welcome at Old Trafford and now it’s between Jose Mourinho and the Manchester United to decide on which centre-back to make a move for this summer.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane