Manchester United are strongly interested in Juventus centre-back Gleison Bremer and will make a move during the summer transfer window, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
The Red Devils are currently not in a position to spend due to Financial Fair Play restrictions and the club are set to wait until the end of the campaign before making new signings.
A new centre-back is a top priority ahead of next season for the hierarchy with Raphael Varane likely to head for the exit door on a free transfer when his contract expires in June.
Speaking on Sky Sports’ Transfer Talk, Di Marzio has now revealed that United are strongly interested in Bremer and have been following the Brazilian for a number of months.
The Red Devils are likely to make an approach for the centre-back in the summer.
Juventus could demand premium fee for Bremer exit
Bremer has developed into one of the best central defenders in the Italian top-flight.
The 26-year-old has been in fine form for the Bianconeri this season. He has won 1.5 tackles and five duels per Serie A game while making more than four clearances.
The former Torino man has also averaged 5.2 ball recoveries per outing. He has been a menace for opposition strikers with his strong physical and aerial presence in the box.
It may take a premium fee for United to sign him. Bremer committed to a new long-term deal at Juventus only last month. He is currently tied to the club until June 2028.
Juventus are back at the top of Serie A after three disappointing campaigns and will be keen to keep hold of their prized assets.
Bremer is valued at €50 million but we won’t be surprised if the Bianconeri hold out for as much as €70m to part ways with him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow