Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund has been nominated for the 2023 Golden Boy award presented by TuttoSport.
The Denmark international had an eventful 2022/23 season. He started the campaign with Sturm Graz before joining Atalanta in the Italian top-flight.
Earlier this summer, Hojlund made the switch to Man United in a big-money deal and he has already netted three goals in the Champions League.
With his huge potential and promising displays, there are no surprises that he has been picked among the final 25 nominees for the Golden Boy award.
Barcelona’s Gavi won the award during the 2022 edition and we should know the new winner of the accolade at some point next month.
Hojlund is deservedly in contention for the award, but it is most likely that Real Madrid’s Jude Bellingham will grab it after his excellent start.
Bellingham joined Los Blancos from Dortmund over the summer. He has been extraordinary for them with 10 goals and three assists in just 10 games.
This has included several late match-winning goals and the young Englishman has already become a clear favourite among Los Blancos’ faithful.
Hojlund has the potential to reach similar heights at United. The Dane has lacked sufficient service and that needs to improve in the coming months.
In recent games, we have seen Marcus Rashford get into excellent positions to put Hojlund through on goal, but he has failed to deliver the key pass.
Hopefully, we will see an improvement in the near future with better coordination in attack.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action