Manchester United defender Raphael Varane has reacted on Instagram following the speculation linking him with a move to the Saudi Pro League.
The Frenchman joined the Red Devils from Real Madrid in 2021, and he has been a key player in the central defensive department when fit and available.
Despite this, there has been recent speculation that the World Cup winner could be tempted to move to Saudi Arabia amid interest from champions Al-Ittihad.
On Sunday, journalist Nawaf Oga said that preliminary negotiations are underway between Al-Ittihad and United, and Varane would be open to the transfer.
In response, the 30-year-old has reacted on Instagram with a picture of him kissing the Red Devils badge with a heart and a crossed swords emoji as the caption.
Varane joined United from Los Blancos for £42 million two years ago. He has been an undisputed starter in the heart of the defence when he has been injury-free.
Hence, there is no reason for United to consider his departure. The same goes for the Frenchman, who is clearly enjoying playing alongside Lisandro Martinez.
Varane still has two years left on his contract with the option for another 12 months. If he were to consider his future, it could happen in a few years’ time.
Meanwhile, United are currently exploring a deal for Nice centre-back Jean-Clair Todibo and reports in France claim that he could be close to joining the club.
United currently have Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire as the deputy centre-backs. We believe Todibo’s arrival could depend on Maguire heading for the exit door.
Aside from Todibo, United could make an approach for Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat. The Serie A outfit have set a deadline until Friday to consider formal bids.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray