Manchester United defender Raphael Varane is the most two-footed passer in the Premier League this season alongside Brentford ace Aaron Hickey.
The Frenchman has had a mixed campaign with the Red Devils this term. He started the season as a regular in the starting XI before losing his spot.
The centre-back managed to regain his place towards the end of the year, but there is still speculation over his future beyond the current campaign.
Amidst this, The Athletic have revealed a surprise statistic where Varane stands out alongside Hickey.
The outlet have disclosed the most ambi-pedal players in the Premier League this season. Varane and Hickey stand apart with the best percentage.
Varane has completed 52 per cent of his passes with his right foot and 48 per cent with his left foot.
The same is vice-versa for Hickey which puts them in the middle of the table from the data collected.
Varane, who joined United for €40 million in the summer of 2021, has generally started in the right centre-back role. Despite this, he has completed half of his passes with his left foot.
In the list, Jonny Evans also has a more even distribution (59 to 41 per cent). We are not surprised, considering his brilliant left-footed long ball for Bruno Fernandes’ sensational goal versus Burnley.
Both Varane and Evans have their contracts expiring at the end of the season. Manager Erik ten Hag recently said that the club have yet to make a decision over the future of the duo.
Stats from Transfermartkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow