Real Madrid have been chasing Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea for a number of years now and the latest reports in Spain are that a transfer could happen this summer.
According to Spanish outlet Don Balon, the 27-year-old has held talks with the defending Champions League winners over the past few weeks and that he wants to leave us this summer.
David de Gea is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world right now and Real Madrid are keen to sign a new goalkeeper.
Neither Kaylor Navas or Kiko Casilla have done the business at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium since the the Spanish giants let Iker Casillas go in 2015 and it is widely-expected that Zinedine Zidane’s side will bring in a new shot stopper before the start of next season.
De Gea has been at Old Trafford since 2011 when he joined from Atletico Madrid. It may be a case of wanting to move back to the Spanish capital, his homeland, and the biggest club in the world.
However, the report in Don Balon cites Spanish TV show El Chiringuito that reports Real Madrid would be required to sell James Rodriguez to raise around €55million (£48m) to fund de Gea’s reported €100 million (££86.5m) transfer fee. The Colombian attacker is currently in the first season of his two-year loan deal at the Allianz Arena.
The 26-year-old has only started 16 of a possible league 30 games for the 2017-18 Bundesliga champions and six of their 10 Champions League matches, so one would think the German giants wouldn’t be in any rush to make the deal permanent just yet.
It looks like it could be another nervous summer for us regarding strong speculation that Real Madrid are coming in for David de Gea. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup