Jose Mourinho is spoiled for choice down the left wing at Manchester United.
The Portuguese coach inherited Anthony Martial who was signed by Louis van Gaal, continued to transfer Marcus Rashford from striker to a left forward, and in January, signed Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal.
As a result, it wouldn’t come as a huge surprise if the boss allows one option to leave during the summer transfer window as part of his overhaul at the club.
Now it appears that Italian champions Juventus are keen on signing Anthony Martial, as per reports in Italy.
The 22-year-old has been in and out of Jose’s side all season; starting just 16 of our 30 Premier League matches and four of our eight in the Champions League this season. For a player who scored on his Premier League debut versus Liverpool and whom cost £36 million, going on £58 million, he probably feels he deserves more regular first team football.
Martial has impressed when given the chance this season and his form has attracted interested of fellow big clubs from around Europe.
Italian outlet Premium Sport are now reporting that representatives of Anthony Martial have met with Juventus vice-chairman Pavel Nedved in London where the possibility of a transfer was discussed.
The French international just just over a year left on his contract at Manchester United, though we do have the option of extending the deal by a further 12 months if we so choose.
Premium Sport claim that we value Martial at €65 million (£57m) for the left forward. Mario Mandzukic has started the majority of games in this position for Massimiliano Allegri‘s side this season. The Croatian is a striker outright so it comes as no surprise to see the Serie A leaders linked to a player more suited to this role.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash