Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has been offered to Real Madrid on a short-term deal amid concerns surrounding Karim Benzema’s fitness, Spanish publication Sport claim.
As a result, the club are exploring ways of terminating his contract in the near future. The Red Devils plan to do so without handing him any form of compensation.
Sport now report that Ronaldo’s entourage are in contact with Los Blancos chiefs over a six month deal. The scenario has opened after Benzema’s fresh thigh injury.
The Frenchman, who was recently crowned as the Ballon d’Or winner, won’t be playing any part for Les Blues at the World Cup after suffering a setback in training.
Los Blancos could be tempted to re-sign Ronaldo
Ronaldo has practically broken all ties with United after his surprise interview with Morgan. The club are braced to release him and it could happen during the World Cup.
Premier League rivals Chelsea are weighing up a contract offer for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, but United would ideally prefer the £17.4 million-rated star moving abroad.
Ronaldo spent nine seasons at the Bernabeu before pursuing a new challenge. It remains to be seen whether president Florentino Perez is persuaded to reunite with him.
The big stumbling block could be his wages. No club would be willing to pay £515,000-a-week for someone in the twilight of his career. A massive pay-cut will be required.
It is probably the best solution for United if Los Blancos were to re-sign him. A move to Chelsea may go against them as the Blues are a direct rival for Champions League qualification.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Capology.com
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth