Manchester United midfielder Christian Eriksen has hinted that he is close to returning to first-team action following an ankle injury.
The Dane picked up the setback after a horrendous tackle from Reading’s Andy Carroll in January and he has since been on the sidelines.
Eriksen initially had a protective boot on his left leg but the midfielder recently confirmed that he had started walking with trainers.
The 31-year-old has now provided a fresh Instagram update where he has been spotted wearing football boots for the first time since his injury.
Eriksen should return to United duty in April
United boss Erik ten Hag has already confirmed that Eriksen will return in April and it appears the midfielder is making the right progress.
The €25 million-rated star has hinted that he has returned to the grass for individual training and he could be involved with the team in a couple of weeks’ time.
The Newcastle United game on April 1 could come too early for him but we won’t be surprised if he is available to face Brentford five days later.
Ten Hag will most likely ease him into the proceedings. He could make a couple of cameo appearances before being reinstated into the starting XI.
Aside from Eriksen, United will be hoping that Alejandro Garnacho will also be available for the season run-in following his unfortunate ankle injury.
The Argentine has been spotted with a moon boot on his right leg and his recovery could take more time. Hopefully, he will be available for the final month.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Sofyan Amrabat shows why Man Utd should sign him this summer
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa