Manchester United attacker Bruno Fernandes has laughed off suggestions he could join Barcelona during the summer transfer window.
It has recently been speculated the Portugal international is unhappy with the situation at United, and his representative Jorge Mendes has offered his services to Barcelona.
This has been reported by various sources, including Sport TV Portugal. Fernandes has now rubbished the speculation by joking that April Fools’ Day may have arrived early.
He said: “And I thought we had changed the year a few days ago and after all we are already on April 1st. Or is it once again just bad journalism?”
Fernandes has been an excellent acquisition for United. He has registered 45 goals and 34 assists from 104 appearances across all competitions.
The 27-year-old started the current season in stellar fashion with a hat-trick against Leeds United, but the goals have since dried up for him with just two in the next 23 appearances.
Despite his struggles in front of goal, he has nine assists to his name across all competitions, with six of those coming from just five Champions League group stage games.
His displays have been below par over the past couple of months. He will be aiming to recapture his form in the coming weeks as United look to close the gap on the Premier League top four.
Fernandes recently came up with a lively cameo performance against Wolverhampton Wanderers and should be fancied to start in tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round tie against Aston Villa.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd interested in Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij
- Man Utd offer €65m plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong