Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana is hopeful of being fit for the Premier League clash against Everton on Sunday evening.
The Cameroon international picked up a pelvic injury during the 3-0 win over Mauritius in a World Cup qualifier on Friday.
He was taken off in the 80th minute of the game and was subsequently allowed to return to United to undergo further tests.
The outcome is yet to be known but Onana believes he should recover in time for the trip to Goodison Park this weekend.
Onana’s return would be a boost for United
The 27-year-old has played every minute for United since his summer switch from Inter Milan.
The €40 million-rated star had a difficult start to his Red Devils career with goalkeeping errors but has grown in confidence as the campaign has progressed.
Onana was one of the club’s best performers after the last international break and he appears to be getting back to his peak form from his time at Inter.
He suffered an untimely injury last week but it seems the concern is only a minor one and he could recover in time for Sunday’s outing in Merseyside.
If he is deemed unfit, there could be a Premier League debut for Altay Bayindir, who joined the club from Fenerbahce last summer. He made 40 appearances last season.
Bayindir has yet to make a competitive appearance for the Red Devils. He could finally get his chance, suppose Onana does not pass the necessary fitness tests.
United have a tricky period ahead with three successive away games. They travel to Everton before facing Galatasaray and Newcastle United on the road.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin