Manchester United are showing interest in signing Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen ahead of the January transfer window, according to BILD.
The 24-year-old has had a mixed campaign with the Bundesliga outfit. He had registered five goals and two assists but he has played only 1,170 minutes.
The Dutchman is exploring a move away from Dortmund in the New Year and BILD claim that the forward has ‘a clear goal’ to ‘move to England’ this winter.
United are interested in signing the former Arsenal graduate valued at €30 million, but it is reported that Dortmund could change their stance due to Jadon Sancho.
The Bundesliga outfit are open to the possibility of re-signing him and BILD mention that that there could be a ‘spectacular’ swap between the clubs too.
Sancho would, however, need to accept a pay-cut for any deal to materialise.
United could consider swapping Sancho for Malen on loan
Sancho has fallen out-of-favour under manager Erik ten Hag since his public outburst towards the Dutchman after the Premier League loss at Arsenal.
He has been suspended indefinitely and it has been regularly reported that Ten Hag has given the green light to offload him in the next transfer window.
In our view, it is unlikely that any European club will pursue a permanent deal for him, considering he has not played any competitive football for three months.
Sancho may require at least a few weeks of team training to get up to speed. Hence, a loan deal appears the likely solution and Dortmund could be interested.
The agency were responsible for Ten Hag’s appointment at United and they have followed it up with recent deals for Rasmus Hojlund and Sofyan Amrabat.
Malen, who recently signed a contract with them, could end up at Old Trafford next month.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts