Manchester United should swoop for the services of Athletic Bilbao star Nico Williams amid the uncertainty surrounding his contract situation.
The 21-year-old had a promising 2022/23 season with the La Liga outfit, scoring nine goals and providing six assists from 43 appearances in all competitions.
He has continued the good form this term with one goal and five assists from 10 league games and his form has caught the eye of elite European clubs.
Bilbao are yet to convince him to extend his contract expiring next summer and in our opinion, United have a brilliant chance to sign him on a free transfer.
Williams has the ability to operate from either wing and he has been more effective from the right.
This has been a problematic position for the Red Devils. Despite the big spending on Antony and Jadon Sancho, they have still lacked creativity from the role.
Of late, manager Erik ten Hag has experimented with Marcus Rashford on the right wing with Alejandro Garnacho on the left due to Antony’s poor run of form.
Ideally, United would want to prise Williams away in January but Bilbao are bound to demand a sizeable transfer fee despite his deal expiring during the summer.
He is valued at €40 million by Transfermarkt. The Red Devils should approach his agent at the earliest to try and finalise a pre-contract for next season and beyond.
Williams would be a superb acquisition for United. He is only 21 years of age and has already impressed with his goal contributions, dribbling and duel-winning ability.
The youngster is a regular with Spain. The likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona may also be watching him closely. United must be pro-active in the pursuit to land him.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action