Manchester United are likely to look for a new striker during the January transfer window with Cristiano Ronaldo on the cusp of heading for the exit door.
With this in mind, the club will need to spend on a replacement this winter, considering Anthony Martial has struggled to stay fit for the most of the season.
The club would not want to rely on Marcus Rashford alone in case Martial suffers another setback. The latter has already picked up three injuries this term.
Hence, it is essential to have another striker within the ranks. In our view, the club should swoop for the services of Ramos, who could be available for £35 million.
The 21-year-old has made a huge impression at Benfica this campaign, registering a tally of 14 goals and six assists from just 21 appearances in all competitions.
The young striker has caught the eye with his finishing and key passes in the final third, but there are several other facets to his game that would suit Erik ten Hag.
He is strong with his hold-up play, but also has a superb work rate. He tends to press with aggression and determination and does not shy away from the odd tackle.
Ten Hag recently highlighted some of those attributes when praising Martial and we believe Ramos could emerge as a leading striker for United with his huge potential.
United should attempt to land him in January for £35m instead of pursuing a stop-gap signing.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January