Manchester United are likely to look for a new striker during the January transfer window with Cristiano Ronaldo on the cusp of heading for the exit door.
With this in mind, the club will need to spend on a replacement this winter, considering Anthony Martial has struggled to stay fit for the most of the season.
The club would not want to rely on Marcus Rashford alone in case Martial suffers another setback. The latter has already picked up three injuries this term.
Hence, it is essential to have another striker within the ranks. In our view, the club should swoop for the services of Ramos, who could be available for £35 million.
The 21-year-old has made a huge impression at Benfica this campaign, registering a tally of 14 goals and six assists from just 21 appearances in all competitions.
The young striker has caught the eye with his finishing and key passes in the final third, but there are several other facets to his game that would suit Erik ten Hag.
He is strong with his hold-up play, but also has a superb work rate. He tends to press with aggression and determination and does not shy away from the odd tackle.
Ten Hag recently highlighted some of those attributes when praising Martial and we believe Ramos could emerge as a leading striker for United with his huge potential.
United should attempt to land him in January for £35m instead of pursuing a stop-gap signing.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony