Manchester United should propose to sign Juventus star Federico Chiesa in a loan swap for Jadon Sancho during the January transfer window.
Sancho is currently deemed surplus to requirements after his fall-out with manager Erik ten Hag and he is expected to leave the club this winter.
The Bianconeri are exploring a loan move for the Englishman in January but they want part of his weekly wages to be compensated by United.
In our view, United should look at the possibility of a loan swap with Chiesa moving the other way.
The Italian has largely been injury-free since the back end of last season. He has registered four goals and one assist in 11 appearances this term.
If Juventus are reluctant to consider the proposal, United should use Sancho as an incentive to prise away Chiesa at the end of the campaign.
Chiesa’s current deal expires in the summer of 2025 and as things stand, he has refused to pen a new contract due to salary differences.
This should attract interest from many Premier League clubs and United could have the upper hand with the Bianconeri’s interest in Sancho.
If Sancho were to impress on loan at Juventus during the second half of the season, United should propose a straight-swap deal with Chiesa next summer.
The €45 million-rated star is one of the best attacking players in Italy and he has impressed over the years with his ability to play in multiple roles in the final third.
He has operated as a second striker this season, but can comfortably play out wide too. Chiesa has been most successful from the right wing in his career.
This is a position where United have lacked creativity. He could also play alongside Hojlund up front. He would be a no-brainer signing to replace Sancho.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action