Manchester United should consider a fresh move for Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch this summer amid his frustration over limited playing time.
The Dutchman was linked with a reunion with manager Erik ten Hag at Old Trafford last summer but he made the switch to Bayern from Ajax for €24.5 million.
United made another attempt to sign him during the January transfer window but the German champions were reluctant to part ways with the young midfielder.
The Red Devils eventually signed Marcel Sabitzer on a short-term loan from Bayern. In our opinion, they should re-enter negotiations for Gravenberch in the summer.
Gravenberch would be a quality summer acquisition
Gravenberch was a key player under Ten Hag at Ajax last season. He made an impressive 42 appearances in central midfield, registering three goals and six assists.
The €30 million-rated star won 86 per cent of his passes while winning nearly two tackles and six duels per game. He was almost ever-present in the starting XI.
This season, he has hardly impressed and it has been primarily due to the lack of playing time. He has managed just over 700 minutes in all competitions.
In a recent interview, the 20-year-old said that his time at Bayern has not gone as expected and it’s a pity that he has not played more throughout the season.
We won’t be surprised if he pushes for an exit this summer and United should be at the front door to prise him away, given his strong bond with Ten Hag.
Ten Hag handed him his debut in Amsterdam and the Dutch tactician could play a huge role in luring him, similar to Lisandro Martinez and Antony last summer.
Stats from Sofascore.com and Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player