Manchester United should consider a summer deal for Udinese midfielder Lazar Samardzic, who is currently on the radar of Brighton & Hove Albion.
The Serbia international is currently in his third season with the Serie A outfit, but he could have joined Inter Milan last summer.
The 21-year-old underwent a medical with the Nerazzurri, but a disagreement between his entourage and agent Rafaela Pimenta pulled the plug on the deal.
This has not ended the speculation regarding his future. Gazzetta dello Sport (page 20) today claim that Napoli are keeping a close eye on his progress.
Brighton have also asked for information on the former Leipzig ace, who is valued at €25 million.
In our opinion, United should weigh up an approach for Samardzic this summer.
Samardzic’s versatility would make him a good acquisition
Samardzic is a central midfielder by trade, but he has the ability to play from the number 10 role.
His versatility would be useful for the Red Devils who are eyeing more creativity in the squad.
Bruno Fernandes is currently an assured starter from attacking midfield, but the Red Devils could do with someone, who can make provide more competition.
Samardzic has five goal contributions from 19 appearances this term, but he is currently playing for a club, who are just one point adrift of the drop zone in Serie A
His statistics should only improve when he moves to a bigger club. Aside from his goal involvements, the Serb has also caught the eye with his dribbling and recoveries.
He has won an impressive 60 per cent of his take-ons this term with more than four ball recoveries per game. He has won almost 50 per cent of his duels with nearly two key passes per outing.
Samardzic is far from the finished article at the moment, but would be a good investment with his potential. With a low price of €25m, United should secure his services ahead of Brighton.
The Red Devils may only afford him in the summer due to their Financial Fair Play situation. Udinese are unlikely to accept an initial loan deal this winter, considering their relegation threat.
Stats from Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow