Manchester United should beat Chelsea to the signing of Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana this summer.
The Red Devils currently have David de Gea as their number one goalkeeper, but his starting position appears uncertain for next season.
In our opinion, United may pursue a new shot-stopper this summer and should consider a move for Onana, who is already on Chelsea’s radar.
United should beat Chelsea to Onana deal
Onana joined Inter from Ajax on a free transfer last summer, and he had a fantastic debut season, keeping 20 clean sheets from 43 appearances for them.
He was also excellent with his distribution and ability to operate as a sweeper-keeper.
The 27-year-old had an impressive 47 touches per Serie A game last term. He completed 30 passes per outing with an accuracy of nearly 80 per cent.
He is currently valued at €60 million by the Nerazzurri, and we believe United should beat the Blues in the pursuit with a couple of factors in their favour.
First of all, Onana has a good relationship with Ten Hag, having worked together at Ajax for four years.
A reunion would be an enticing option for the Cameroonian. Champions League football is another big advantage for the Red Devils over the Blues.
After the Champions League final loss yesterday, Onana said that ‘he will accept what Inter want‘. United should swoop for his services, in our view.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action