Manchester United are set to hand an improved contract to Anthony Elanga following his impressive progress in recent months, Manchester Evening News claims.
The youngster is one of the most promising graduates from the academy, and he has been actively involved with the first-team squad since the appointment of Ralf Rangnick.
The Sweden Under-21 international only penned a new contract earlier this year, but the Red Devils are ready to reward him with a fresh deal after his recent development.
Rangnick is reportedly a ‘fond admirer’ of the versatile forward.
The 19-year-old had a terrific end to the previous campaign with United, scoring in just his second Premier League appearance for the club.
He also had an impressive pre-season with two goals in three outings, but suffered an injury before the friendly game against Everton in August.
Since his return, he has worked his way back into the first team after excelling for the Under 23s.
Rangnick appears to rate him highly, having already handed him two appearances.
He rewarded the 19-year-old with minutes off the bench in the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace while he started the dead-rubber Champions League game against Young Boys.
He could have a huge future ahead with the Red Devils. The Swede can play as a central striker or out wide.
His versatility should boost his playing time in the long run.
While United are bound to make marquee signings, the focus could also be on promoting young players with Rangnick due to take up an advisory role after his interim stint.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars