Manchester United continue to be linked with a move for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale and this summer appears to be no different.
The Welsh winger has been in and out of Zinedine Zidane’s first team and has also been plagued by a string of injuries during his five years in the Spanish capital.
Bale turns 29 this summer but showed on Saturday night that he still has it when he scored twice as a substitute to lead Real Madrid to a third successive Champions League trophy and fourth in five seasons in a 3-1 win over Liverpool.
Speaking about his future straight after the game, Gareth Bale certainly didn’t confirm that he’d be in the Spanish capital next season by any means, saying:
“I have to sit down with my agent and make a decision.”
This has instantly led to speculation that Manchester United are set to make an offer for the Real Madrid star and Spanish newspaper AS are reporting that we will be offering €140 million (£122m) for his services this summer.
What’s more, the report says we’ll nearly triple his year salary from €11 million to €30 million (£26.2m) to lure him to Old Trafford!
We have been linked to a few players to play down our right wing this summer, and whilst it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jose Mourinho upgraded in this position, I’d still be surprised if we forked out a huge lump of cash to bring in Bale.
Gareth Bale became the world’s most expensive footballer in 2013 when Real Madrid splashed out £85.3 million to Tottenham Hotspur for his services.
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd