Manchester United continue to be linked with a move for Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale and this summer appears to be no different.
The Welsh winger has been in and out of Zinedine Zidane’s first team and has also been plagued by a string of injuries during his five years in the Spanish capital.
Bale turns 29 this summer but showed on Saturday night that he still has it when he scored twice as a substitute to lead Real Madrid to a third successive Champions League trophy and fourth in five seasons in a 3-1 win over Liverpool.
Speaking about his future straight after the game, Gareth Bale certainly didn’t confirm that he’d be in the Spanish capital next season by any means, saying:
“I have to sit down with my agent and make a decision.”
This has instantly led to speculation that Manchester United are set to make an offer for the Real Madrid star and Spanish newspaper AS are reporting that we will be offering €140 million (£122m) for his services this summer.
What’s more, the report says we’ll nearly triple his year salary from €11 million to €30 million (£26.2m) to lure him to Old Trafford!
We have been linked to a few players to play down our right wing this summer, and whilst it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jose Mourinho upgraded in this position, I’d still be surprised if we forked out a huge lump of cash to bring in Bale.
Gareth Bale became the world’s most expensive footballer in 2013 when Real Madrid splashed out £85.3 million to Tottenham Hotspur for his services.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday