Manchester United will be in for two central midfielders over the summer transfer window, as well as players in other positions.
Jose Mourinho has previously confirmed he will find direct replacements for the retiring Michael Carrick and departing Marouane Fellaini.
Our main target over the past couple of months has been Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and reports linking the midfielder to Old Trafford have only intensified over the past week or so.
And it appears the Serbian could be a Manchester United player this summer as reports from the Metro and Italian radio station Radio Sei are reporting that we have submitted a club record transfer bid of €110 million (£96m) for the Serbian international.
The report from the Metro suggests that we are in pole position to sign the 23-year-old despite interest from both Barcelona and Juventus, whilst the Italian radio station is reporting that Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal have offered up to €150 million (£132m) and that Real Madrid are also in for the player.
Milinkovic-Savic is coming off an excellent season in Serie A where he scored 12 goals and recorded three assists in 35 appearances (33 starts) for the Rome club. However, Lazio missed out on Champions League qualification on the final day of the season last weekend following a home defeat to Internazionale.
Jose Mourinho is certainly looking for a starter in the middle of the park to compliment Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba in his 4-3-3 system and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic certainly has the ability to upgrade our team.
The Metro go on to say that the Lazio star is actually Jose’s number one target this summer.
However, it appears this staggering offer will still not be enough to persuade Lazio officials to let Milinkovic-Savic leave during the upcoming transfer window. It is understood that they value the central midfielder closer to €150 million (£132m)
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is one of several central midfielders who have been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United this summer. Others include Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred, Napoli’s Jorginho and Nice’s Jean Seri.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations