Manchester United are expected to agree personal terms with Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana ahead of his transfer, according to The Athletic.
The clubs are currently ‘very close’ to finalising a fee for Onana. Negotiations are at an advanced stage, and a deal worth €52 million could be agreed.
As per The Athletic, an agreement could be reached by today or tomorrow following which Onana will receive permission to travel for his medical tests.
Meanwhile, it is reported that the Red Devils found breakthrough over Onana’s salary on Saturday. A five-year contract will be finalised today.
The Cameroonian star should fly to New York on Wednesday with Erik ten Hag’s squad for the pre-season tour if his medical is completed by then.
Else, he will join his new teammates later when the process is complete.
Onana to Man Utd only a matter of time
United have been in regular talks with Inter for Onana over the past fortnight. They have convinced them to lower their demands, but payment terms need to be sorted.
This has delayed the transfer, but a final agreement is anticipated within the next 48 hours. Manager Erik ten Hag has already called Onana to reassure him over the deal.
Ten Hag will be hoping that Onana’s medical and contract is sorted by Wednesday such that the shot-stopper can travel with his new teammates to the United States.
United have a testing pre-season schedule coming up. After the Lyon friendly, they face the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in the US pre-season tour.
Onana is well accustomed to playing under Ten Hag after four-and-a-half seasons at Ajax, but he needs ample number of games in goal to build cohesion with the backline.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray