Manchester United are one of the clubs seeking to finalise a summer move for Torino defender Gleison Bremer, TuttoJuve claims.
Bremer was linked with a move to Championship club Fulham last summer, but he snubbed their interest to continue with Torino.
The 25-year-old has since had a superb season with the Serie A outfit where he has earned plaudits for his defensive performances.
The Brazilian is now attracting plenty of interest from top European teams. United are one of the clubs willing to ‘reach a deal’.
Torino could sell Bremer for around €30 million this summer.
Bremer has been terrific for Torino this campaign, winning an impressive 1.4 tackles and 3.4 interceptions per Serie A appearance.
The centre-back has also made 3.6 clearances on average while winning four aerial duels. He has not made an error contributing towards a goal.
His strong physical presence and ability to shutdown attacks, makes him ideally suited for the demands of the Premier League.
United could see him as a possible replacement for Harry Maguire in the line-up. They won’t need to make a huge outlay for his services.
However, it may not be easy to pursue him amid interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Juventus, Monaco, Bayern Munich among others.
Bremer may want the assurance of Champions League football, but his main priority could be the guarantee of regular league minutes.
The defender has yet to make his international debut for Brazil, but he harbours the ambition of representing them at the World Cup.
His performances at Torino are bound to be noticed by manager Tite. He will need to sustain the same level of consistency next term. It won’t be a surprise if he decides to continue in Serie A with a bigger club.
Stats from WhoScored.com
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January
- Tyrell Malacia stars against Belgium to cement Manchester United place ahead of Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises Manchester United’s summer signing Christian Eriksen
- Manchester United should move on from Cristiano Ronaldo in January
- Manchester United should be half-owned by ‘real fans’, says Eric Cantona