Manchester United are the ‘main contenders’ to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat despite interest from Juventus, Corriere Florentino claim.
The Red Devils are currently looking to sign a new central defender, and they have already made an opening offer for Bayern Munich star Benjamin Pavard.
They are likely to make a renewed proposal in the coming days, but a transfer would ultimately depend on Harry Maguire heading for the exit door this summer.
Meanwhile, United have been linked with Amrabat for a number of weeks, but the club are yet to make a formal approach to sign the Morocco international.
In the meantime, Juventus have joined the hunt for the 26-year-old, but Corriere Florentino insist that United are the ‘main contenders’ to secure his services.
An offer of €27 million would be enough to convince Fiorentina to sell the ‘extraordinary‘ star.
Amrabat’s arrival could depend on Van de Beek’s departure
The Red Devils recently sanctioned the departure of Fred to Fenerbahce for €15m.
The club are now exploring options for Donny van de Beek. Real Sociedad expressed an interest in signing him last week, but they could end their pursuit with Arsen Zakharyan’s arrival.
The Netherlands ace is also on the radar of former club Ajax, but United are unlikely to accept a temporary deal. They prefer a permanent sale or a loan with an obligation to buy.
In our view, a move for Amrabat may not materialise unless the club offload another midfielder.
United made the decision to sell Fred after Mason Mount’s arrival. They now require another midfield departure before they can concentrate on the purchase of Amrabat from La Viola.
At the moment, Van de Beek is the most likely candidate to leave the Red Devils. Scott McTominay has also been linked with an exit, but the price tag could put off potential suitors.
Hence, United could play the waiting game and hopefully, they will land Amrabat before the deadline.
Amrabat would be a fantastic signing for the club with his strong distribution and ball control. He would be a strong competitor to Casemiro. He prefers to play from the number six role.
The Utrecht graduate has already agreed terms in principle with United, and the onus is now on the hierarchy to make an official proposal before the transfer window closes.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns