Manchester United have been handed a big boost in signing RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko.
The Red Devils are long-term admirers of the Slovenia international and they were first interested in signing him from Red Bull Salzburg.
However, the young striker chose to continue his development at sister club RB Leipzig. He joined them last summer but could be on the move soon.
As per German journalist Philipp Hinze, Sesko’s contract with Leipzig consists a release clause worth €50 million which will be valid in the summer.
Man Utd handed brilliant chance to land Sesko
Leipzig reached a pre-agreement for Sesko in the summer of 2022. He officially joined them in July last year, but has yet to become a regular starter.
The Bundesliga outfit have played regularly with a two-man frontline, but Sesko has been behind Yussuf Poulsen and Lois Openda in the pecking order.
He has still made a good impression with seven goals from just 765 minutes across 23 appearances. He averages a goal in every 109 minutes for Leipzig.
A number of elite European clubs will be watching him closely. In our opinion, United should swoop for his services this summer by triggering the buy-out clause.
He would be a much better signing than Joshua Zirkzee for the same price with his higher potential.
Sesko has impressed with his energy, athleticism and ability to press. He has the knack of scoring goals and could become a fantastic striker with regular minutes.
He seems the perfect foil to compete with Rasmus Hojlund up front at United. We could also see the duo playing together if Erik ten Hag opts for a 4-4-2 set-up.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow