Manchester United really like Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund but he won’t be available for less than €60 million, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
The Red Devils recently agreed a deal with Chelsea to sign midfielder Mason Mount. He is expected to join the club after his medical today.
The club are now planning to invest on a new striker and Pedulla reports that they ‘really like’ Hojlund.
The Dane is one of the best emerging strikers in world football, and Atalanta don’t intend to listen to offers less than €60m for his services.
Man Utd need to make significantly improved bid
United have already made an opening offer of €35m for the 20-year-old that has been rejected.
It appears Atalanta are looking for a premium fee for the Denmark international, and the onus is now on United to convince them with a fresh proposal.
The Red Devils may want to negotiate a lower fee up front with add-ons, but have to be quick as the likes of Juventus could enter the race for Hojlund.
The Bianconeri are currently looking to sell Dusan Vlahovic. If successful, they could be prepared to make a big investment on the Copenhagen graduate.
Hojlund started last season with Sturm Graz, but made the move to Atalanta before the end of August.
He contributed 16 goals and seven assists at club level last season. His statistics are not extraordinary, but the striker definitely has immense potential in him.
The left-footed ace has a strong aerial and physical presence. He also possesses good pace on the counter-attack despite being a tall marksman.
The youngster has likewise impressed with his movement in and around the box. He has been likened to Erling Haaland as he has similar attributes as the Norwegian.
Hojlund is still a raw talent, but could develop into a potent striker in a couple of years’ time. United need to sign him now rather than showing regret later.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions