Manchester United are readying a £53 million offer to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani this month, French publication L’Equipe claim.
The Red Devils are looking for a new striker in the transfer window as they look to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure.
The Red Devils are willing to pay £53 million for the Frenchman, but Frankfurt are said to be determined to keep him until the end of the season at least.
Muani also prefers to stay in the Bundesliga, having only arrived at Frankfurt on a free transfer last summer.
United unlikely to land Muani this month
Muani has had a terrific debut season for Frankfurt. He has bagged eight goals and 11 assists from just 23 appearances in all competitions.
The 24-year-old was also impressive for France at the World Cup. He bagged a vital second goal in the semi-final win against Morocco before winning a crucial penalty versus Argentina in the final.
The striker has certainly taken his reputation to the next level this season and there are no surprises that he is already being linked with a bigger challenge.
However, we simply don’t see United signing him this month. The club could not afford to pay £37 million up front for Cody Gakpo, who was their top target.
Liverpool hijacked the deal for the Dutchman from their grasp and we would be surprised if they are now prepared to make a higher offer to sign Muani.
Meanwhile, the player himself does not want to leave Bundesliga. He could end up at Bayern Munich, who are interested in signing him next summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest